Medik8 chemical peeling is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure based on the application of an enzyme or chemical exfoliant to the skin resulting in the removal of skin lesions and imperfections, overall improved skin texture, rejuvenation, radiance and luminous skin glow. We carefully choose the most suitable peel treatment for each individual client as no two skins are the same. We aim to achieve the best results for you to ensure Beautiful Skin for Life. To achieve the best possible results from a Medik8 Facial Peel, clients are required to prime skin with Medik8 Vitamin C and Vitamin A serums for a minimum of two weeks prior to the first peel. Supplying the skin with both Vitamin C and Vitamin A prior to a peel treatment will enhance the healing process and ensure optimum results are achieved.
- Patch testing is compulsory one week prior to peel
- Advise of any allergies prior to appointment
- Not suitable if allergic to aspirin/salicylate
- Not suitable if pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not suitable if suffering with liver or kidney disease, active bacterial, viral or fungal infections. Not suitable if presence of warts, herpes simplex (cold sores), significant immunosuppression, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, collagen vascular diseases
- Must not have used Accutane in the last 6 months
- Not suitable for very thin skin types
- Not suitable if presence of facial cancers (please discuss with skin therapist prior to booking)
- Do not wear make up for at least 12 hours prior to treatment
- Age restriction of aged 18
Executive Enzyme Peel | £40.00 | 20 mins
A great introductory to the peel family. A dual action exfoliation incorporating mechanical exfoliation with a powerful enzymatic peel to eliminate dull, tired skin. Unlike chemical peels, enzyme works on the outer most layers only to remove dead skin cells with little to no downtime or visible skin shedding after treatment. Although not required, a course of preparation serums would enhance the results of an enzyme peel.
Initial Peel Consultation | £10.00 | 10 mins
As each peel is carefully customised for each client, it is imperative a thorough consultation be carried out at least two weeks prior to the first treatment. During the consultation a patch test will take place along with a discussion about the clients needs, medical history, current skin regime and explanation of what to expect from the chosen peel treatment. Clients will be advised of the selected peel and how to use the provided Vitamin C and Vitamin A prepping products.
Eye Peel | £40.00 | 20 mins
Offers an ultra gentle yet effective solution to treat the early onset and more advanced signs of ageing in the eye area through the enhanced cell turnover and regeneration. Intelligent formulations function to hydrate the skin, alleviating excessive dryness and peeling.
Light Peel | £50.00 | 25 – 30 mins
A mild revitalising peel for acneic and lightly wrinkled skin effectively diminishing excess oil, signs of ageing and light scarring.
Age Peel | £50.00 | 25 – 30 mins
An effective formulation of acids to reduce fine lines and wrinkles to fade away the skins imperfections leaving a more youthful looking complexion.
Beta Peel | £50.00 | 25 – 30 mins
Targeting signs of mild acne and acne prone skin. An effective formulation of acids delivered straight into the pores and follicles helping to keep the pores clear of cellular debris dramatically reducing breakouts on the skin.
White Peel | £50.00 | 25 – 30 mins
Offers an effective way to achieve a brighter and even skin tone, reduces appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation, eliminating skin cells rich in melanin to target sun damaged hyperpigmentation problems.
Course of 6 Peels | £250.00 | N/A
Any one of the above peels can be performed once a week over a period of 6 to 12 weeks to ensure the most achievable results.
- A patch test is required one week prior to peel
- Arrive to appointment wearing no makeup
- Prior to all peel treatments clients must prep their skin using the provided Medik8 Vitamin C (C-Tetra) and Medik8 Vitamin A (Retinol 3TR ) products
- Apply the C-Tetra after morning cleanse everyday for 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Apply the Retinol 3TR after evening cleanse: For the first and second week apply twice i.e. Monday and Friday evenings only. For the third and fourth week apply every other evening. For the fifth week and thereafter apply every evening.
- Always use an SPF 30 or higher
- Do not use products containing Vitamin A or Retinol for 48 hours prior to treatment
- Do not exfoliate, pluck, self tan or undergo facial treatment for at least 48 hours prior to treatment
- When treating pigmentation it is required the Vitamin C prep is replaced with White Brightening Serum.
- If pigmentation is severe apply White Balance Original Serum for two weeks prior to peel
- As part of the healing process an increased cell turnover beneath the surface promoting new healthier skin layers giving the face a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance. A ‘downtime’ shedding period may be experienced for up to 7 days after treatment. This varies for each client depending on skin type and frequency of treatment. After a peel it is normal to experience sensitivity to touch, tightness, dryness, redness, peeling, tingling or a hot sensation
- Immediately after the peel, a skin soothing restorative serum and a hydrating emollient cream will be applied. We advise to leave these aftercare products on for the remainder of the day and overnight to help comfort the skin and reduce peel-induced skin redness
- Treat skin gently, avoid touching the area for 24 hours
- Allow skin to peel naturally, do not pick or scratch the treated area
- Keep skin hydrated and apply recommended soothing cream as directed
- Limit outdoor exposure
- Avoid sunbed use
- Apply SPF 30 or higher
- Avoid heavy makeup for 48 hours
- Avoid chlorinated water for 48 hours
- Use a gentle cleanser for the first 48 hours
- Use antioxidant products C-Tetra or C-Tetra+ Intense
- No waxing, plucking, clay masks, self tan or facial procedures for at least 48 hours
- No chemical exfoliants, retinol, Vitamin A, AHA’s or BHA’s, topical steroids, for 48 hours
- Avoid heat treatments, saunas, steam rooms, hooded hairdryers, hot baths and showers for 48 hours
- Prior to the first peel treatment a consultation is required to establish the correct treatment for each client as an individual. Please be aware a charge of £10 will be incurred for the consultation which includes pre-skin prepping serums C-Tetra+ Intense (Vitamin C) and Retinol 3TR (Vitamin A)
- The pre and post treatment products are proven to increase skin cell renewal, therefore reducing healing time and speeding up the treatment downtime (reddening and skin peeling)
- No prior prep is needed for the Executive Enzyme Peel
- Medik8 peel treatments begin with a thorough cleanse followed by pre peel prep for the chosen peel. Once the peel is removed a cooling Ultimate Recovery Bio-Cellulose mask is left on the skin to reduce any tingling and heat sensation, followed by dousing the skin with hydration to kick start the healing process. Finishing off with Post Treatment Hydration B5 serum and Physical Sunscreen SPF 30 leaving your skin silky smooth and well protected.
- Increased cell growth produces new healthier skin
- Rejuvenated appearance
- Safe destruction of the upper and lower layers of the skin
- Helps to encourage the skin to exfoliate
- Reduced signs of acne and blemishes
- Good for sensitive skins
- Reduced appearance of scarring
- Improved complexion
- Encourages deeper penetration of cosmeceutical products
- Improved skin texture
- Radiant and luminous glowing skin
Please Visit Our Booking Terms.